Effective Date May 25, 2018
Thanks for visiting Kristin Larson Jewelry! Kristin Larson Jewelry (“Kristin Larson Jewelry”, "KLJ", “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy. We believe in transparency when it comes to your personal information. So we’ve laid out what personal information we collect, what we do with it, and your choices and rights.
Information We Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide Kristin Larson Jewelry with certain information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, billing information, payment information (credit card numbers, PayPal account info, banking accounts), and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide additional personal information (for a custom order for example) if you contact us directly. We may use this information to verify accounts created through the website, to process and fulfill customer initiated orders.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support.
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- As necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to us. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
- We will never rent or sell your e-mail address nor will we share information regarding your billing information with third parties except for the purpose of processing your order payment and as required by law.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Kristin Larson Jewelry
For purposes of EU data protection law, Kristin Larson Jewelry is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail us at:
Kristin Larson Jewelry PO Box 1165, Battle Ground, WA98604