JEWELRY CARE AND KEEPING
All of our pieces are handmade using sterling silver, bronze, and 14k gold that have been oxidized for an aged appearance and given a satin finish. Kristin Larson jewelry is easy to care for. Wearing your jewelry often will help prevent tarnishing. But over time, metals will naturally darken and lose their luster.
CLEAN & POLISH
- Clean sterling silver, bronze, and 14k gold jewelry in warm water with a drop or two of non-detergent soap like Ivory or Dr. Bronner's. Rinse with warm water, and dry completely with a soft cotton cloth.
- To restore the luster of your jewelry use the polishing pad included with your purchase, or a soft felt polishing cloth.
- Bronze is especially prone to tarnishing, and requires regular polishing.
- Please do not use liquid, gel, abrasives, or other natural cleaners on your handmade jewelry. Doing so may remove the aged finish.
- Chlorine and bleach accelerate tarnishing, and should be avoided.
- Apply perfume and lotion before putting on your jewelry.
- Remove your jewelry before going to sleep or engaging in activity that may cause friction or stress.
- Your jewelry should be the last thing you put on in the morning and the last thing you take off at night.
- When you are not wearing your jewelry, keep it in the anti-tarnish felt pouch that came with your purchase to prevent scratching and tarnishing.
- Store your jewelry in a cool dry place.
- When you are not wearing your jewelry, keep it in the anti-tarnish felt pouch that came with your purchase.
- Before storing your jewelry long term, wash it with mild soapy water, to get rid of any oil from your skin, rinse with warm water and dry completely with a soft cotton cloth.
- Store your jewelry in the felt pouch that came with your purchase to prevent scratching and tarnishing..